Amp Camp Amp Parts Kit Only (PRE-ORDER: SHIPS NOV 30TH)
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. PLEASE READ MORE ON THE AMP CAMP AMP PRE-ORDER STATUS PAGE.
The Amp Camp Parts Kit includes everything you need to build the Amp Camp Amp except the recommended power supply and a chassis. You can also buy the complete Amp Camp Amp kit which has everything included.
- All parts are purchased directly from reputable US distributors
- Printed circuit boards (Revision 1.6)
- Transistors including Linear Systems's JFETs and IRC MOSFETs
- Switches, LEDs, capacitors, resistors, everything is included except the PSU and chassis
- The same parts quality Nelson Pass uses in his own amplifiers
- Keratherm® MOSFET insulators - very efficient and no grease required
- M3 board mounting standoffs, w/ stainless steel bolts and washers
- Stainless steel mounting bolts and washers for MOSFETs
- Gold plated speaker terminals and RCA Jacks
- Power connector jack
- Copper hookup wire in assorted colors
- Cover plate for XLR hole (for advanced users, the XLR hole gives the possibility to create monoblocks with over 20 watts per channel)
Well, I'm very impressed. This little kit was a lot of fun to build with my 6yr old son. That little amp sounds absolutely wonderful. This is for him to enjoy for many years. We'll be building some full range enclosures next. My son is very proud of his amp:) I just wish this existed a few years ago. I would have made a couple for me!
First time builder and was very impressed by the components and precise instructions given at website which guides step by step process. Ultimately finishing the units gave excellent sonics with it's ample power output. Now wishing for DiyAudio to bring back the DCB1 mesmerize kit!!
I built this little gem for an office system, put it in my main system to see how it sounded, and it has stayed there for two months now. The Naim power amp it replaced is now in the office system! And I've ordered just ordered another one.
Amp Camp Amp
This is the gateway drug for the wannabe DIYer. Kit for just of three bills with everything included and precise (for the most part) step by step instructions. Very helpful side notes (such as what solder to use - I wouldn't have thought of that) also.
Amp is very good looking and runs very warm but not hot (don't leave candles on it). It's 8 watts is a lot more than you expect; I can play my Spendors much louder than i can handle - you just need a strong signal coming in as the gain is low at 10db.
Again, a gateway drug as I am now in the process of getting things together for the F5 kit and am waiting for the amp parts kit to get back in stock, and am very much hoping for a PSU parts kit also!
We Also Recommend
* For non-contiguous US states please contact us directly for a quotation.