Deluxe 4U Aluminum
The Deluxe Chassis is the ultimate DIY Amplifier playground. We don't know of another chassis for sale in the world that makes life as easy for DIY Audio enthusiasts. Packed with features so you can focus on having a good time building your amp instead of getting roadblocked by the hardest parts of custom machining.
Introducing the 4U "Jack of all Chassis"...
- 2 x aluminum heatsinks 40mm thick, 300mm deep and anodized in black with 23 pre-drilled, pre-tapped blind M3 threads per side (a total of 46) as specified in our universal mounting specification
- Threads are tapped to a minimum depth of 5mm
- 1 x aluminum faceplate 10mm thick, 450mm wide with rounded corners and anodized in silver
- The silver front panel only (not the black), has the following additional features:
- 9 blind M3 pre-tapped mounting holes suitable for mounting all kinds of things to the faceplate - diodes, PCBs, riser panels, potentiometers, etc
- Mount single or dual PSU boards directly to the back of the front panel
- Designed so risers can be bolted to the chassis using two axis to create stable interior platforms within the chassis and maximize all the interior space
- Use with risers and easily mount front panel components such as pots and dials to the risers with extension rods going through the front panel, saving the need for complicated or messy hacking in order to attach things to the front panel
- The 9th hole is perfectly centered in the chassis and approximately 1/3 of the way down from the top (or bottom - you can spin the front 180') and can be used either as a mounting hole or as LED pilot hole
- 1 x aluminum back panel 3mm thick and CNC routed to our back panel specification, ready to accept your choice of PEM, RCAs and premium binding posts or drop our back panel parts kit (not included) straight in
- It has Neutrik XLR compatible holes on the back to accept XLR, XLR/1/4" combo or RCA-in-XLR-format connector so you can easily connect XLR, 1/4" or RCA cables to your amplifier
- Please see the 4U Back Panel Specification for more details
- 2 x aluminum top/bottom covers, maximally vented with 6 rows of venting strips, to provide an ideal balance between airflow and stiffness
- 1 x galvanized steel, perforated inner baseplate 300mm deep and 1.5mm thick which is pre-drilled with a pattern of holes allowing for easy mounting as well as less flex
- All holes in the base are in a DIY friendly 10mm x 10mm hole pattern. This makes it easy to design the mounting for anything you might want to attach, as well as ensuring if you rotate it 90 degrees, it will also mount perfectly.
- Holes are aligned so there is a column of holes directly in the center to make it easy to drill out a hole for perfectly centered transformer mounting
- All diyAudio PCBs going forward will come with mounting holes spaced apart in multiples of 10mm to allow for easy mounting in any orientation
- Riser Panels can be combined with the 10x10 pattern to create unlimited horizontal and vertical mounting configurations
Riser Panel Compatible
- We've created riser panels that can be bolted to the base, front panel or each other to create unlimited possibilities for the maximisation of the internal space within the chassis.
- Want to stick burning amp output boards, bias boards, gain stage, dual psus, dual transformers, soft start and speaker protector all in a 4U chassis? Walls and shelves now simply screw together in any configuration to dramatically increase your ability to optimize the internal space.
- F-1, F-2, F-3, F-4, F-5, F-6
- Aleph J
- Burning Amp Complementary or Single Ended
- diyAB "Honey Badger" Class AB Amplifier (with single power supply)
Build Guide - HERE
Chassis was a little expensive but if your doing an F5 you probably don't want to go smaller. Assembly was easy and the chassis look great and it's pretty much made for the Diyaudio boards. Rear panel has no center support and while it seams thick enough pushing on it too hard while inserting a power cord will bow it in so think about adding a brace. The predrilled front panel made mounting the handles easy. When assembled one of the handle bars was loose and the other fine so it may need a little shimming. That said I'm actually pretty happy with the chassis and would purchase again. Chassis arrived in California in 5 or 6 days.
I built the Pass DIY Sony VFET amp kit with this chassis and it turned out very nicely with drilling countersunk holes for the faceplate mounting screws and the two LEDs.
Very easy to work with. The tolerences on the brackets that hold it together aren't tight so you have to put it together and square it up as you go. However, it is very easy to understand and work with. The F6 board went in with no issues. The aluminum covers seem to help extract some more heat which is very nice. I would say it is worth springing for the ultimate chassis if you can afford it.
Very good Chassis.
I use this Chassis for F6 and F7.
I'm waiting for the parts to build a First Watt F5 in it so I can't comment yet on the build but the chassis is of high quality material and excellent tooling. I'm sure the finished build will owe much of it's appeal to the chassis. You could say the chassis matches the high standard of the circuit design.
The Deluxe case make the job of building amps much faster.
Beautiful appearance. all pre drilled and tapped holes, no problem.
Trying to get an F5 up and running
I bought the 4U along with the M2X boards and built the M2X. Great enclosure, heat sinks drilled and tapped for boards and MOSFETs. Amplifier is dead quiet using this enclosure, made building the amp so easy, not so big to be difficult to lift and move around.
We Also Recommend
* For non-contiguous US states a surcharge may be applied.