Returns & Refunds
We know that sometimes you might want to return or exchange something in order to obtain a refund. No problem! Just email us to obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number and we'll tell you how to send your goods back along with that number.
We do have the following (somewhat unique) restrictions, so please familiarize yourself with them:
- You must obtain your RMA within 30 days from the date you received your goods
- Our products are produced (in most cases) by fellow DIYers just like yourself, on kitchen benches across the USA and sometimes the entire planet. We use a 3PL (3rd Party Logistics) facility to store and ship these goods. This means we don't have any way to repackage something you send back. For this reason, we cannot accept anything that has been opened, is not in the original condition it was sent or has had the packaging altered in any way.
- Never ever refuse or abandon a delivery to you. Always accept your delivery. Refused or abandoned deliveries will be destroyed by the shipper with no refund given.
Once you contact us to obtain an RMA number, we will email you back a PDF to print and included in the return shipment. This lets our warehouse identify the return.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. The original shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of the original shipping will be deducted from your refund.
You are entirely responsible for the goods during transit back to us. It is your responsibility to ensure you have obtained appropriate insurance and suitably package everything so that it arrives to us in original, undamaged condition.
Please allow 7 days for our warehouse team to verify the condition of your return, upon which positive verification of the condition we'll refund your purchase price less original shipping as a store credit.
All orders are final and drop straight to our 3PL warehouse to be shipped immediately. Once you receive your goods you are welcome to return them. Please see our returns policy above.
Damaged Goods or Missing Parts
We ask that you open any shipment from us within 10 days and inspect it for damage or missing parts. Take a photo if possible of your shipment and contact us. We'll ship you a replacement or refund you the value of the part, as you prefer. If you do not inspect your goods within 10 days we cannot guarantee our ability to replace them (but we'll try).
For all shipments incoming from Italy using FedEx International, we have special requirements and have set up a Report Problem With FedEx page page just to answer your questions about dealing with any problems with FedEx shipments (which are rare). We send an email with a link to this page at the same time we send you your FedEx tracking number, as you need to follow some specific rules in case you receive damaged goods via FedEx.
We think that a fair amount of time for us to pass between us shipping you stuff and you getting around to testing it in your project is 3 months. Contact us and we'll send you a replacement, or refund the value of the part, as you prefer.
Please note that due to the ebb and flow of inventory availability and the availability of our assembly partners, sometimes that part might not be available after 3 months, in which case we'll have to just refund you the value of the part. You can be sure we will try our best to make things right.
Chassis shipments are excluded from this 3 month rule. Hifi2000 needs to know very quickly if there was a problem, they request you notify us of any chassis defects within 10 days of receipt.
95% of the time previously thought to be lost packages eventually arrive, were found to be already delivered, or are waiting for you at the local post office. Here's the checks to do:
- Please ask your neighbors, family members or anyone else living at the delivery address if they've seen the package
- Check any locations the delivery person might have left it accidentally (behind your house, in the bushes or at confusingly similar address)
- Ask your local post office if they have it. A missed delivery notice can get blown away or a communication problem can mean you don't get notified it's now sitting there.
If you've done all those checks and the number of days in "Number of days before contacting us" column in the shipping chart matrix above has passed, please contact us and we will guide you through the insurance claim process.
Refusing delivery or abandoning a package
Never refuse a delivery or otherwise abandon a package. Refused / abandoned packages will not be returned to us. They will be destroyed by the shipper and no refund will be given. Always accept delivery and if you would like to return it, see our returns and refunds section above to obtain an RMA number and details regarding how to return your goods.
All our shipments are sent with insurance. If your package is lost, please see the section "Lost Packages" and we can guide you through the insurance process. This process is normally completed within 14 days of initiation.
Please note: Insurance is considered null and void in any of the following circumstances:
- You gave an invalid address (eg: incorrect, lacking critical information or an address physically impossible to deliver to during business hours)
- You gave invalid contact information (eg: phone number, email address) or did not respond to attempts at contact by the shipper or your country's customs department
- You or someone at your address refuses the delivery of the package or otherwise abandons it (unless the reason is the package appears damaged, in which case advise the driver to note the damage, accept the package, and contact us immediately).
If you did one of the above 3 things, we cannot offer you a refund, exchange or reshipment unless the goods eventually are returned to us. As soon as we get the goods back, we can offer you a refund, exchange or reshipment. Please note that for packages to get returned by discount carriers it can take many months, if they ever make it back to us at all. So please triple check your address and contact details.
Force Majeure is unforeseeable circumstances that prevent us from fulfilling our promise to deliver you your goods. It includes the following scenarios:
- Acts of God such as natural and unavoidable catastrophes
In these circumstances we will not be held liable for these situations which are beyond our control and will not be liable to reship goods or refund the purchase and any insurance will be considered null and void.
Note on DHL eCommerce International Parcel Direct Delivered Duty Paid
The following text only applies to the DHL Direct Delivered Duty Paid service (not currently offered). The goods will be imported on behalf of the consignee/ebuyer. The consignee authorizes DIYAUDIO LLC to import the goods on his behalf. Further, the consignee/buyer agrees that DIYAUDIO LLC may delegate the obligation to import the goods on his behalf to a subcontractor (e.g. customs broker). The consignee will pay the taxes & duties in addition with the purchase price of the goods.