Korg HA-Kit Headphone Amp Kit
The HA-Kit is the official DIY Nutube portable headphone amplifier kit from the company Korg created to foster Nutube kit development, Nu:Tekt.
It's a small, battery powered headphone amp that gives you real tube sound. A small case - the size of a mint tin - has a transparent cover so you can see the tube inside. Low voltages mean it's safe for beginners. Coming from Korg in Japan means high quality fit, finish and parts.
The Nutube inside (included with the kit) is mounted on a foam suspension system to minimize microphonics. A standard, socketed 8-pin opamp lets you try different ICs.
Internal switching power supplies generate the filament voltage and a 26V supply voltage for the opamps, powered from two AA batteries. Typical battery life is 9 hours.
A bass boost function (EDM) can be enabled that boosts 5dB at 50Hz.
It's easy to assemble - many parts are already pre-assembled when you get the kit.
- Vacuum tube: Nutube 6P1
- Connections: INPUT jack (stereo mini phone jack), OUTPUT jack (stereo mini phone jack)
- Controls: Volume, EDM (bass boost) switch (internal)
- Output impedance: 10 Ω - recommended load 15 Ω or higher
- Power supply: 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Battery life: About 9 hours (when using alkaline batteries)
- Outside dimension: 111 (W) x 65 (D) x 29 (H) mm
- Weight: 110 g (battery not included)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 50 KHz (within 3 dB)
- Distortion factor: 0.15% (at -15 dBu input)
- Signal-to-Noise ratio: 93 dB
- Maximum output: 50 mW (when MUSES 01 is used), 80 mW (when using NJM 4580)
- Bass boost: EDM SW ON: + 5 dB @ 50 Hz ※ Measured at output load = 33 Ω
Ordered on a Saturday, Monday was a Holliday, yet received item on other side of the country on Wednesday. Wow! Great customer service.
I dint purchase mine through the DIYstore as it wasn't available then. But I must say its a superb sounding headphone amp for the money (bit of a bargain IMO) and a few hours of DIY time. The only down side is the 4 small screws to the lid to replace the batteries, its just a bit fiddly....
We Also Recommend