VFET Round 3 - Output Stages without VFETs
N and P channel DIY Sony VFET output stage parts kits, without VFETs. Read the official thread for more details.
In stock, shipping immediately:
- 75 units of Stereo N Channel Output Stages
- 75 units of Stereo P Channel Output Stages
You may also want to purchase one of Mark Johnson's front ends, a power supply, binding posts, register your interest in a completion kit, register your interest in a PSU filter kit, or register your interest in a front end from Nelson.
- See the article for the bill of materials
What's not included
This offering is a true DIY project intended for the likely-experienced DIYers who have their own stash of unobtainium VFETs. See the BOM for exactly what's included. There is no more and no less than what is in the BOM.
To make a functioning amplifier you will also need some or all of the following.
- You must have these already
- Completion Kit
- The completion kit is a bunch of stuff you'll need to complete the amplifier. Wire, rear panel hardware, thermal paste, etc.
- Register your interest in a completion kit.
- After one week we will announce whether there has been enough interest to produce one.
- A power supply Filter
- A filter was included in round 1 and 2's output stages. It is not included with this offering. Consider using Mark Johnson's Ship-of-Theseus PS Filter. If a completion kit is offered we might offer a filter in that.
- Input stage
- Mark Johnson's 4 input stages - Scourge, Bulwark, Marauder and Dreadnaught are in stock now
- Register your interest for an input stage from Nelson. After one week we will announce whether there has been enough interest to produce one.
- VFET Chassis
- Pre-order-taking is now closed.
- Power Supply
- In stock now
- Binding Posts
- In stock now