SMPS DC Filter P089ZB Kit
The PO89ZB, an inline DC filter for SMPS wall warts, preamps, HPAs, Korg NuTubes, B1, etc.
This filter is limited to single rail 48V DC, 3A applications. The kit contains top-quality parts as selected by the circuit’s designer which includes KEMET ESH477M050AH4AA or Nichicon UHW1H471MPD capacitors and top-quality Bournes inductors RLB0912-2R2ML. The kit’s PCBs are fabricated using 2oz copper and tinned thru-holes for low noise operation and ease of assembly.
Note that the kits will use either the Nichicons or Kemets depending on availability as these are often difficult to source. Both are considered the top two choices for low-ESR caps for the circuit and users will be happy using either.
For more information about the filter see the thread.
Included in this kit:
- R1, R3: 0.04R or 0.05R 5% 1W precision current sense resistors, LS 12mm
- R2, R4: 953ohm 1% 0.25W resistor
- C1, C2: 470 uF 50V capacitor, LS 5mm and Diam 10mm
- L1, L2: 2.2uH 7.5A 0.10R inductor, LS 5mm and Diam 9mm
- D1: 68V Unidir TVS 600W, DO-204 pkg
- Can this filter be used for the 5A Meanwell 24V power supply the store sells? No, as this kit is only rated to 3A no matter the DC voltage.