You want to build a preamp, a DAC, a phono stage, anything that needs a nominal supply voltage between 3.3V and 18V or even more, positive and/or negative polarity?
You want a power supply regulator that approaches an ideal DC voltage source as best as possible, bringing out the best in your equipment? Look no further – the Superreg fills your bill beautifully!
The 86 x 77 mm (3.4 x 3 inch) board holds all parts (sourced by you) including a heatsink, for a dual supply regulator that can deliver up to 1A per side. Board can be separated in pos and neg reg board if needed for construction. Several threads on diyaudio discuss customization for a wide range of output voltages. The regulator boards accept a DC input from your favorite transformer/rectifier/reservoir cap.
- V2.3b PCB designed by Jan Didden based on the Jung/Didden regulator from Audio Amateur, includes Walts’ latest refinement;
- Blue PCB contains one positive and one negative regulator; can be separated for individual use, 10mm mounting pitch in both cases;
- Picture shows stuffed board - this is an example only, we are only selling the PCB and you will need to buy all the parts to stuff the board;
- Article including BOM & Schematic by Jan Didden
- BOM for V2.3
- Jan's introduction to the Super Regulator in his blog
- Measurements from Jack Walton’s Linear Audio Vol 4 article
- Performance graphs from this article regenerated in color. The Super Regulator is marked as "Jung" in these graphs:
- Super regulator board support discussion thread
- Connection diagram for 2.3b
- 2.3 Update includes:
- added option to use SMD as well as Through-Hole footprint for the opamp
- added an RC-filter for the remote sense to be better armed against tendencies for oscillation
- 2.3b Update includes:
- Updated legend on silkscreen
- Please see new figure PDF for 2.3b
|Dimensions||86mm x 77mm|
|Mounting holes||Holes are on a 10mm x 10mm grid|
|Number of boards included||1|
Looks excellent. I did not build the project yet
I bought the reg. on behalf the positive posts on DIYAudio.
I did not have a big hope that it will be much beter then other DIY regs. but the it exceeded my all expectation.
It is really so good and I have tried many. It is comparable to the best on the market.
PCB is very proffesional, instruction and the Mr Jung Didden very helpfull.
Recommended for every one who want to try reaally audiophile experience for really attractive price.
I have not built the project yet. The board looks good.
A must for a preamp
Not much to say really. The PCB was as expected. Still to build the device.
This is now ready to be tested in conjunction with an older Danish PreAmp I built from the 1980s when the power part was built into the cabinets themselves. Now the Super Regulator (PSU) together with the transformer will be mounted in an external enclosure. And then I have high expectations for this Super Regulator in this setting.
Being an amateur and a student in electronics college instead of picking a ready built simple cheap Chinese made power regulator I opted to buy the Super Regulator. it definitely has made me learn more how it works in which each individual component does. Excellent learning tool. I’m still learning
This is a super nice reg. I built one for nuhybrid amp and hiss level is greatly reduced! Overall it is very easy to calculate resistor values, the ground resistor R7/14 shares the same voltage as your choice of V-ref. Nice product!
We Also Recommend