You want to build a preamp, a DAC, a phono stage, anything that needs a nominal supply voltage between 3.3V and 18V or even more, positive and/or negative polarity?
You want a power supply regulator that approaches an ideal DC voltage source as best as possible, bringing out the best in your equipment? Look no further – the Superreg fills your bill beautifully!
The 86 x 77 mm (3.4 x 3 inch) board holds all parts (sourced by you) including a heatsink, for a dual supply that can deliver up to 1A per side. Board can be separated in pos and neg reg board if needed for construction. Several threads on diyaudio discuss customization for a wide range of output voltages.
- V2.3b PCB designed by Jan Didden based on the Jung/Didden regulator from Audio Amateur, includes Walts’ latest refinement;
- Blue PCB contains one positive and one negative regulator; can be separated for individual use, 10mm mounting pitch in both cases;
- Picture shows stuffed board - this is an example only, we are only selling the PCB and you will need to buy all the parts to stuff the board;
- Article including BOM & Schematic by Jan Didden
- BOM for V2.3
- Jan's introduction to the Super Regulator in his blog
- Measurements from Jack Walton’s Linear Audio Vol 4 article
- Performance graphs from this article regenerated in color. The Super Regulator is marked as "Jung" in these graphs:
- Super regulator board support discussion thread
- Connection diagram for 2.3b
- 2.3 Update includes:
- added option to use SMD as well as Through-Hole footprint for the opamp
- added an RC-filter for the remote sense to be better armed against tendencies for oscillation
- 2.3b Update includes:
- Updated legend on silkscreen
- Please see new figure PDF for 2.3b
|Dimensions||86mm x 77mm|
|Mounting holes||Holes are on a 10mm x 10mm grid|
|Number of boards included||1|
...require excellent quality PCB's.
Job acheived, a pleasure to build.
Big thanks to Jan Didden for this regulator!
Excellent design and very good performance. I have several of these from different suppliers Andy Weeks / Pilgham Audio etc. Your boards compare very well with any of these others.
We Also Recommend