Chassis Shipping Times
All non-chassis products ship from our Massachusetts, USA warehouse.
All Hifi2000 related chassis products normally ship next business day direct from Italy with FedEx International. These shipments are fully tracked and insured.
For customers in the USA, delivery takes between 3 and 5 business days. If you have purchased additional customization services, please refer to the lead times advertised. If you're from a non-contiguous US state please contact us directly as we'll need to customize a shipping quote for you.
Expected delivery times once shipped:
|2 - 5 days
|4 - 6 days
|Middle East - India
|3 - 4 days
|Africa - Oceania
|3 - 4 days
Chassis Duties / Taxes
You are solely responsible for any duties or taxes levied by your government.
- All non-chassis products ship domestically within the USA from our warehouse in Massachusetts and therefore are duty-free for US customers
- You might be charged duty on chassis products if the total value of your chassis products order is over USD200. If this happens, the rate of duty is a modest 2.9%, plus a $7 "deliver now, pay later" processing fee. We have not heard of any US customer being charged duty on an item under USD200.
- If you do get charged duty, typically you'll be notified by FedEx, by mail, a week or so after your products are delivered
- No matter what happens, your goods will always fly straight through customs without any delays.
- Australia: Try to keep orders under AUD1,000, as shipments to individuals under AUD1,000 are usually tax free
- EU VAT region countries: Due to VAT triangulation issues, when you place your order you'll be given a unique URL to transfer the chassis part of your order to our partner who is also in the EU. You won't pay any duty, but you will have to pay VAT.
- Other countries: Please check with customs department
If you would like to add to this list or have any questions don't hesitate to contact us.
What to do when you receive your package
There are special requirements for us to be able to replace missing or damaged items that are sent with FedEx. Because of this we send an email when your shipment gets on its way, with the following requests. We kindly ask you to...
- Always accept delivery
- If you notice any obvious freight damage, please report it to the delivery driver so they can record it. However still accept the delivery. Always accept delivery!
- Open your package within 10 days of receiving it
- Check the contents for concealed damage or missing/wrong items
- Do not throw away any packaging
If something is missing
Our store is run by humans, and sometimes mistakes happen. If something is missing from your order (either completely, or the wrong part was sent), just email the helpdesk and we'll sort it out. All we ask is that you report missing items within 10 days of receiving your package.
If something is damaged
FedEx shipping damage is extremely rare (in the order of a 1 in 200 chance). Your shipment is fully insured but we have to play FedEx's game. We all know insurance companies hate to pay out, but if you follow these simple requirements we do guarantee there won't be an issue.
FedEx prefers to work directly with the customer on damage claims. That's because they need pictures from the customer of the damaged merchandise and packaging, and they need to schedule an investigation based on the customer's availability.
It's very important to report damaged shipments quickly and accurately. Time is of the essence. Always contact FedEex first - ask them to provide you a confirmation or claim number, then contact us so that your issue is officially logged in our system.
- All claims must be filed within 21 days of the shipment date
- Wording varies on the FedEx website, but for safety's sake, please assume this is the date it shipped not arrived
- All original packaging, including cartons and contents must be kept until the claim process is finished
- You will need to provide supporting documents to prove your claim
- Your FedEx tracking email
- Your store receipt
- Clear, well lit photos of the damage to the goods, as well as the damage to the packaging
How to file your claim:
- Review the general FedEx claim information page
- Initiate your claim
- US and CA - as this is an international shipment, please call FedEx International Customer Service on +1.800.463.3339
- AU, NZ, GB, DE, NL, NO, SE, FR, IT, JP, KR, SG, CH
- Other countries may have specific numbers or claim processes - please check your local FedEx website
- FedEx may send someone around to your location to inspect the goods and the packaging
- Most claims are resolved within 5-7 business days
- We are here to help, if you have any questions at all don't hesitate to email the diyAudio Store helpdesk