Chassis Baseplate (Galaxy, Dissipante, Slimline, Pesante)
Please note: Please check the baseplate will fit in your chassis before ordering. Some shorter depth chassis cannot accomodate these baseplates. Internal dimensions are listed at the bottom of every chassis product page.
Baseplates give the following advantages over using the cover to mount your components:
- Strength: The baseplate will flex less than your covers. The edge of each side of the baseplate has been cut and bent to create 90' lips/edges/flanges which add significant rigidity. Depending on what your covers are made of, how much material from them has been removed to create vents, and how heavy your components are (we're talking about you, transformers!), you might benefit from a more rigid base.
- Aesthetics: If you'd like a clean look to your bottom cover and not have holes/screws/nuts showing underneath, a baseplate lets you mount everything inside the chassis, keeping the exterior looking sharp
- Easy mounting / Less drilling: Being drilled in a 10mm x 10mm hole pattern, it's easy to plan for and attach things to it. It's also easy to rotate something 90' if you change your mind.
- Good for your OCD: There's an odd number of holes running left to right, giving you a perfectly aligned center hole right in the middle for your transformer. Your cover also won't end up looking like swiss cheese as you endlessly "optimize" the placement of the other parts.
- Future proof: No matter what you end up using your chassis for in the future, with the convenient 10mm x 10mm pattern you know you'll be able to re-use it for more projects in the future
- 10mm x 10mm hole pattern for mounting compatibility with most diyAudio Store PCBs. The depth option must match the depth of your chassis - it does not reflect the depth of the baseplate itself (see dimensions below).
- All baseplates are made of 1.2mm galvanized iron
- The holes are spaced in a convenient 10mm x 10mm pattern. This is compatible with most diyAudio Store PCBs (eg: PSU) and is easy on your brain.
- Holes have diameter 4mm
- Baseplate for Galaxy 330mm wide (GX345/348/385/388) - 310mm x 260mm
- Baseplate for Galaxy 230mm wide (GX245/248/285/288) - 210mm x 260mm
- Baseplate for Dissipante 300mm - 360mm x 260mm
- Baseplate for Dissipante 400mm - 360mm x 360mm
- Baseplate for Dissipante 400mm - 360mm x 460mm
- Baseplate for Slimline 170/230 - 415mm x 160mm
- Baseplate for Slimline 280/350 - 415mm x 260mm
- Baseplate for Pesante 300mm - 425mm x 260mm
- Baseplate for Pesante 400mm - 425mm x 360mm
This base plate makes the whole process of attaching the components in the case much easier plus it acts as a heat sink. The metal used is thicker then the sheet metal used for the top and bottom case covers so the plate acts to give the case more rigidity giving the completed case a nice quality fit and finish. The layout for the holes lined up with most of the boards I used with some exceptions. I had to drill a couple holes but not many. I would buy again.
I am glad I oredered with my Dissipante chassis - it made constuction of my amp so much easier.
The baseplate makes assembly and adjustments for positions of components easy. Given the small cost, I cannot imagine going without it.
Excellent quality, sturdy and a lot of conducting area to be used for grounding. The perforations make it easy for attaching a lot of components. I used the 500mm version to increase my usable space for accommodating two large transformers and lots of filter capacitors.
This makes building so much quicker and easy,very strong base.
I ordered the baseplate but ended up not using it, but it is very well built, it didn't work for me. I needed it to be the very bottom of the chassis rather than sitting on top of the bottom plate.
I attached 3 heavy transformers and a choke to this baseplate and it did not bend or sag at all. I am glad I ordered this. It is much better than drilling holes in the bottom of the enclosure to mount things.
I have used three of this with those chinzy Chinese chassis kits and these plates turn wimpy sheet metal into strong bottoms ! Just run bolts and spacers on the four corners and in the middle, and the stiffening you get will cope with just about any transformer and other components you need to use. Baseplates arrive from relatively quickly in great packaging and always in good shape. Highly recommended.
We Also Recommend
Back panel parts kit plus PCB / Transistor / Diode mounting parts kit for the Deluxe Chassis