Chassis Baseplate (Galaxy, Dissipante, Slimline, Pesante)
Baseplates give the following advantages over using the cover to mount your components:
- Strength: The baseplate will flex less than your covers. The edge of each side of the baseplate has been cut and bent to create 90' lips/edges/flanges which add significant rigidity. Depending on what your covers are made of, how much material from them has been removed to create vents, and how heavy your components are (we're talking about you, transformers!), you might benefit from a more rigid base.
- Aesthetics: If you'd like a clean look to your bottom cover and not have holes/screws/nuts showing underneath, a baseplate lets you mount everything inside the chassis, keeping the exterior looking sharp
- Easy mounting / Less drilling: Being drilled in a 10mm x 10mm hole pattern, it's easy to plan for and attach things to it. It's also easy to rotate something 90' if you change your mind.
- Good for your OCD: There's an odd number of holes running left to right, giving you a perfectly aligned center hole right in the middle for your transformer. Your cover also won't end up looking like swiss cheese as you endlessly "optimize" the placement of the other parts.
- Future proof: No matter what you end up using your chassis for in the future, with the convenient 10mm x 10mm pattern you know you'll be able to re-use it for more projects in the future
- 10mm x 10mm hole pattern for mounting compatibility with most diyAudio Store PCBs. The depth option must match the depth of your chassis - it does not reflect the depth of the baseplate itself (see dimensions below).
- All baseplates are made of 1.2mm galvanized iron
- The holes are spaced in a convenient 10mm x 10mm pattern. This is compatible with most diyAudio Store PCBs (eg: PSU) and is easy on your brain.
- Holes have diameter 4mm
- Baseplate for Galaxy 330mm wide (GX345/348/385/388) - 310mm x 260mm
- Baseplate for Galaxy 230mm wide (GX245/248/285/288) - 210mm x 260mm
- Baseplate for Dissipante 300mm - 360mm x 260mm
- Baseplate for Dissipante 400mm - 360mm x 360mm
- Baseplate for Slimline 170/230 - 415mm x 160mm
- Baseplate for Slimline 280/350 - 415mm x 260mm
- Baseplate for Pesante 300mm - 425mm x 260mm
- Baseplate for Pesante 400mm - 425mm x 360mm
I attached 3 heavy transformers and a choke to this baseplate and it did not bend or sag at all. I am glad I ordered this. It is much better than drilling holes in the bottom of the enclosure to mount things.
I have used three of this with those chinzy Chinese chassis kits and these plates turn wimpy sheet metal into strong bottoms ! Just run bolts and spacers on the four corners and in the middle, and the stiffening you get will cope with just about any transformer and other components you need to use. Baseplates arrive from relatively quickly in great packaging and always in good shape. Highly recommended.
I was pleased by the quality. The gauge is high enough to be useful, the size is exactly as specified and the package was done to protect the plate. I intend to order a couple more for other prototypes.
I highly recommend this product. The baseplate provides excellent support for a toroidal transformer and simplifies component mounting such as a printed circuit board or a cable management clamp. A+++
Good fit and finish.
great products and quick delivery!
The baseplate quality was excellent and fit the Galaxy case perfectly. If you are installing heavy toroid transformers, then this baseplate is a must. The baseplate also eliminates turning the bottom case cover into swiss cheese and all of the protruding bolts. Just another great option for excellent cases.
I had hoped that there would be some sort of an industry standard for electronic boards and no hole drilling would be necessary, but that was not the case. However, it was nice not to be drilling holes through the chassis. With this, which attaches to the side, no screws come out case anywhere.
We Also Recommend