Linear Audio Silent Switcher MkII
Your projects need a low voltage power supply. Very low noise. No hum, no mains pops. Efficient and portable.
Enter the SilentSwitcher by Linear Audio:
- Very small (2.2x0.6in; 56x32mm)
- New MkII version ships with resistors allowing you to customize the output voltage.
- Primary output: Your choice of ±15V, ±12V, ±8V or ±5V at 150ma. Jan has posted some notes detailing how ±18V (at 100ma) and ±24V (at 50ma) are also possible if you add your own resistors.
- Secondary output: Your choice of 6.5V or 5V or 3.3V at a minimum 0.5A
- Efficient, cool running
- Runs from a USB charger or from a powerbank for total mains separation
There's no longer an excuse for a noisy or humming preamp or DAC or active crossover! You can read more about the product here: https://linearaudio.nl/silentswitcher
Works nicely as described with good degree of flexibility on output voltage and amperage capacities. Ended up using this fed by a 5V SMPS iFi, iPower supply to power a mac mini audio server SSD (bypassed the 5v sata ribbon cable feeds). Seems best for optimizing SMPS supplies and at least in my applications didn't match results up to that of the Mojo Illuminatti v2 which is considerably more expensive of course. So it's great for powering something on a separate line or supply providing greater noise isolation between components without breaking the bank. It definitely provides performance that's better than a generic 5V wall wart SMPS and improved the system sound post-iPower as well. Highly recommended device for the right application/situation.
It's working. And working perfect.
We Also Recommend