Universal Power Supply
The all new Universal PSU V3.0. Bigger and badder than ever, complete with a well illustrated build guide.
- Fully compatible and optimized for the new Deluxe 4U and Deluxe 5U chassis to allow easy installation on the base, chassis front panel, or on riser panels
- Can accomodate 35mm, 30mm and 25mm caps
- Double sided 70um copper tracks
- Added PI resistors for a total of 7 per side of the PSU
- Each side is completely independent of the other providing separate grounding take off points
- Grounding scheme at user's discretion (i.e. can be utilized for star grounding)
- Ground vias available for joining on-board/local ground
- On-board heatsinking for the diodes
- Larger tracks whenever possible
- Most inputs and outputs have larger vias to accommodate large wires
- Input and output vias arranged to also accommodate Snap-On terminals
- Output has larger vias for direct wire soldering to the board
- Output has vias arranged to either accept Euroblock connectors or Snap-On terminals
- Diode Section and Capacitor Section can be joined either by large diameter jumper wires or Fast-On connectors or direct soldering
- Capacitor section can be stacked one on top of the other. Connections for quick parallel stacking are provided via Snap-On connectors or direct soldering.
- Diode section can be snapped off from the Capacitor section (0.2mm V-Cut both sides)
- Capacitor section can be snapped off lengthwise regardless if the Diode section is still attached or snapped off for more build flexibility (0.2mm V-Cut both sides)
- Snapping is possible thanks to 0.2mm v-cuts on each side of the 1.6mm board. It takes a lot of force to snap the board - enough so you won't ever snap it accidentally but not so much that you will have a hard time snapping it.
- 80x80 mounting scheme on the Capacitor section for front panel chassis mounting
- Extensively supports DA's mounting systems and bases
- Options for Input snubbers (RC or RC + C) and options for output RC snubbers or bypass
|Dimensions||171mm x 156mm|
|Mounting holes||Holes are on a 10mm x 10mm grid|
|Number of boards included||1|
Built 2 of these boards for a pair of Honey Badger amps. Excellent boards, quick and easy to build. Work great.
As usual the PCBs are beautiful. Wanting to make a FirstWatt amp, I found this kit too "universal". I had to figure out what was necessary and split the diodes part of the PCB. It took me a long while to manage that, slowly and cautiously with a cutter but the result is up to expectation.
This board worked well. It made the job of assembling a solid power supply a no brainer. Broke off the rectifier section and used monolithic bridges..
I have built three of these into 2U Modushop Galaxy 240mm wide chassis and used them as seperate PSUs with a range of Pass diyAudio amps....F5, BA3 balanced monoblocks, F6 balanced monoblocks, and M2X built into matching 240mm wide x 300mm deep chassis. They always work very well. The Build guide is excellent ( thanks 6L6 ) but could do with some additions. Specifically the mains input junction strip construction can only be found in the older PSU build guide produced by another writer, and the components for this ( thermistors etc ) are not included on the BOM
Sturdy, well designed, thick traces and good usable options.
Nice board. The option of breaking off the rectifier section is good. A little bit larger holes on the dc output side would be nice. Thank you, Bill
I have purchased quite a few boards, kits, and chassis, always great service and quality items!!
Great stuff! I highly recommend you to buy some.
We Also Recommend