Universal Power Supply
The all new Universal PSU V3.0. Bigger and badder than ever, complete with a well illustrated build guide.
- Fully compatible and optimized for the new Deluxe 4U and Deluxe 5U chassis to allow easy installation on the base, chassis front panel, or on riser panels
- Can accomodate 35mm, 30mm and 25mm caps
- Double sided 70um copper tracks
- Added PI resistors for a total of 7 per side of the PSU
- Each side is completely independent of the other providing separate grounding take off points
- Grounding scheme at user's discretion (i.e. can be utilized for star grounding)
- Ground vias available for joining on-board/local ground
- On-board heatsinking for the diodes
- Larger tracks whenever possible
- Most inputs and outputs have larger vias to accommodate large wires
- Input and output vias arranged to also accommodate Snap-On terminals
- Output has larger vias for direct wire soldering to the board
- Output has vias arranged to either accept Euroblock connectors or Snap-On terminals
- Diode Section and Capacitor Section can be joined either by large diameter jumper wires or Fast-On connectors or direct soldering
- Capacitor section can be stacked one on top of the other. Connections for quick parallel stacking are provided via Snap-On connectors or direct soldering.
- Diode section can be snapped off from the Capacitor section (0.2mm V-Cut both sides)
- Capacitor section can be snapped off lengthwise regardless if the Diode section is still attached or snapped off for more build flexibility (0.2mm V-Cut both sides)
- Snapping is possible thanks to 0.2mm v-cuts on each side of the 1.6mm board. It takes a lot of force to snap the board - enough so you won't ever snap it accidentally but not so much that you will have a hard time snapping it.
- 80x80 mounting scheme on the Capacitor section for front panel chassis mounting
- Extensively supports DA's mounting systems and bases
- Options for Input snubbers (RC or RC + C) and options for output RC snubbers or bypass
|Dimensions||171mm x 156mm|
|Mounting holes||Holes are on a 10mm x 10mm grid|
|Number of boards included||1|
As usual the PCBs are beautiful. Wanting to make a FirstWatt amp, I found this kit too "universal". I had to figure out what was necessary and split the diodes part of the PCB. It took me a long while to manage that, slowly and cautiously with a cutter but the result is up to expectation.
Dear all, I bought this pcb to build a power supply for the phono preamp "Pearl 2": maybe it's exagerate, but I think it's the best power board I saw. Some components are still missing, but in a few weeks I'll make it work.
The pcb is really exellent designed and done.
Thank you, let's talk soon. Take care
These are wonderfully configured and constructed PCB's for assembling "pi" style C-R-C power supplies. They include solder pads and circuit traces for inserting diodes, but can also be used with monolithic full-bridge rectifiers, like the excellent IXYS FRED-based fast recovery types I like. They also include solder pads for block terminals to make quick connect hook-ups easy and safe and LED voltage indicators to make trouble-shooting less trouble-some. Very highly recommended for your next amplifier project with either single-ended or bi-polar power supplies.
Great looking board,very well made top quality.
Very good choice for Audio
This is my third set of UPS boards. These are of great quality like all other diyaudiostore boards. This is a much more convenient way of building a power supply then point to point. It keeps everything nice and clean. I love that you can cut the rectifier section off and use two standalone bridge rectifiers. These take up less space and don’t require heat sinks. This board can be used for any +- DC power needs with a correctly size transformer.
Good quality boards, my second purchase. Exactly what I need.
We Also Recommend