Korg Nutube B1 - Pre-Order Status Page
News & updates
2020-06-01: All the Korg Nutubes required for the pre-order have now been received and set aside.
Pre-orders for completions kits and chassis have closed.
As mentioned previously we are not advertising a particular shipping date for the completion kits and chassis. Pre-orders will ship once production is complete.
Parts ordering has commenced. While it would be nice for every kit to have exactly the same parts so the build guide matches perfectly the parts in the kit, our suppliers (Mouser/Digikey/Etc) only have limited stocks of some things. To avoid making you wait for something that doesn't matter anyway, equivalent parts will be chosen where appropriate.
Production will be done in smaller batches, with pre-orders fulfilled automatically on a first come, first served basis. This means there could be quite some time between the date the first and last order is shipped due to parts and labor availability. That said, we do expect all orders will ship by the end of Q3. We'll get them out as quick as we can. If you need to change your shipping address let us know immediately as your order could ship at any time.
Once things have settled down and we are very sure how many extra chassis and completion kits there will be, we'll make the extras available for pre-order. That might not happen for a few months.
2020-04-28: The pre-order has now "officially" closed but we're keeping it open for a few extra days for stragglers. If you placed an order, your kit has been reserved for you. Thanks everyone for their support and confidence. We are now looking at how many we need to make to meet the pre-order reservations as well as how many extra (if any) we will make.
Further updates will be posted here as news becomes available.
About this page
- This is the status page for information about the Korg Nutube B1 Full Kit, also known as the "B1K"
- This page will be updated as time goes on with the latest information about the pre-order
- If you have any questions about your pre-order (in particular "when are you shipping?"), please check this page first
General Information about diyAudio Pre-Orders
- We offer pre-orders to allow you to secure a product that might otherwise sell out before you get a chance to buy it
- You pay the full price including shipping now (thank you!), and when everything is ready, we'll ship it to you
- You can purchase a pre-order product just like any other in the store, and you can add other items to your order at the same time if you'd like to combine shipping
- We don't ship partial orders. If you buy a few different things, they will all ship together, and only once all items are available to ship in the same box. We use a stock reservation system so as soon as stock arrives for your order, it is very literally put aside and reserved for you, waiting for all the other items needed to fulfil your order to arrive. Once everything has arrived your order will ship immediately.
- All items for the Korg Nutube B1 pre-order will ship from the US, including the chassis.
B1 Korg Pre-Order Dates
- Pre-orders open April 20th 2020
- Pre-orders close April 27th 2020, or earlier if we reach our production limit
- Shipping will occur once production is complete (our current estimate is late Q3 2020)
When will it ship?
Unlike previous pre-orders, we are not advertising a specific ship date. It will ship once production is complete.
Your kit will be produced as quickly as possible. There may be unexpected delays caused by COVID19. We will however say that based on discussions with suppliers we think it will ship sometime during Q3 of 2020, probably late Q3. It is unlikely to push into Q4, but if it does it will be due to circumstances beyond our control.
Can I cancel my pre-order?
Yes, cancel any time you like with a refund in full, less a $5 fee to cover administration costs.
Can I join the pre-order after it closes?
Maybe. Once the pre-order closes, we will assess whether we have the capacity to make any extras. If so, we'll make those available for pre-order after it closes but only while stocks lasts. We can't guarantee we will make extras, nor how many, nor how long they will last. If you really want this kit please pre-order it before the close date to avoid disappointment.
Can I change my shipping address?
Yes, you can change your shipping address at any time. Your first address change request is free. A $5 fee will be charged for subsequent requests.
As soon as all of the items in your order have arrived at the warehouse, a pick order will be sent to the floor staff to pick and pack your order. Your goods will ship the same day. Once that pick order has been sent to the floor we cannot change the address. Due to the automated nature of our systems, there will be no warning before it ships, so please get any address changes in early.
Risks and challenges
We think this pre-order is low risk:
- The store has completed more than half a dozen pre-orders over the last few years without significant problems and shipping on time in 95% of cases
- We've already produced and thoroughly tested this design through "pioneer" batches of parts kits and chassis
The only issue at hand is the potential for impact to parts sourcing due to coronavirus, however we have spoken to all our suppliers and don't think it will push into Q4. However that is possible if there are circumstances beyond our control. For this reason exclusively, we feel it is not a good idea to advertise a ship date. It will ship once production is completed.
You can cancel at any time no questions asked, though you will lose your pre-order slot. In the extremely unlikely event we are unable to produce your kit, you will be refunded in full.
- Technical questions
- Examples: How parts work, electronics theory, what goes where
- Please post a message in the Korg Nutube B1 discussion thread on diyAudio
- Order related questions
- Examples: Problems ordering, need to change order, etc
- Please email customer service at email@example.com
Did we miss anything?
If there's something you think that should have been on this page, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.