Universal Power Supply
The all new Universal PSU V3.0. Bigger and badder than ever, complete with a well illustrated build guide.
- Fully compatible and optimized for the new Deluxe 4U and Deluxe 5U chassis to allow easy installation on the base, chassis front panel, or on riser panels
- Can accomodate 35mm, 30mm and 25mm caps
- Double sided 70um copper tracks
- Added PI resistors for a total of 7 per side of the PSU
- Each side is completely independent of the other providing separate grounding take off points
- Grounding scheme at user's discretion (i.e. can be utilized for star grounding)
- Ground vias available for joining on-board/local ground
- On-board heatsinking for the diodes
- Larger tracks whenever possible
- Most inputs and outputs have larger vias to accommodate large wires
- Input and output vias arranged to also accommodate Snap-On terminals
- Output has larger vias for direct wire soldering to the board
- Output has vias arranged to either accept Euroblock connectors or Snap-On terminals
- Diode Section and Capacitor Section can be joined either by large diameter jumper wires or Fast-On connectors or direct soldering
- Capacitor section can be stacked one on top of the other. Connections for quick parallel stacking are provided via Snap-On connectors or direct soldering.
- Diode section can be snapped off from the Capacitor section (0.2mm V-Cut both sides)
- Capacitor section can be snapped off lengthwise regardless if the Diode section is still attached or snapped off for more build flexibility (0.2mm V-Cut both sides)
- Snapping is possible thanks to 0.2mm v-cuts on each side of the 1.6mm board. It takes a lot of force to snap the board - enough so you won't ever snap it accidentally but not so much that you will have a hard time snapping it.
- 80x80 mounting scheme on the Capacitor section for front panel chassis mounting
- Extensively supports DA's mounting systems and bases
- Options for Input snubbers (RC or RC + C) and options for output RC snubbers or bypass
|Dimensions||171mm x 156mm|
|Mounting holes||Holes are on a 10mm x 10mm grid|
|Number of boards included||1|
As usual the PCBs are beautiful. Wanting to make a FirstWatt amp, I found this kit too "universal". I had to figure out what was necessary and split the diodes part of the PCB. It took me a long while to manage that, slowly and cautiously with a cutter but the result is up to expectation.
Great board. Well made.
Thick traces, nice board, a bit pricey for what it is unless you are using the option of discreet diodes with heat sinks. Would seem less overpriced if it had spots for CL60 inrush limiters and for circuit ground reference components. Could use some primary jumpers and connections to allow 120/240 wiring selection as well. In other words, make it a complete PS board for First Watt amplifier projects.
Great looking board. Sourcing parts at this time.
The goods have arrived smoothly across the Atlantic Ocean, are now on hold to be built during the winter. And look forward to it
It was a pretty straight forward. If you follow the build guide and bom. I’ll be buying a couple for my future builds.
these are very nice boards indeed...though I only bought them for the diode bridge section..which is rather neat as will be building my PSU on a discrete basis.....just a shame the Diode Bridge board was not sold separately...but it does at least break away from the PSU board....neatly..
.will keep PSU board for something else...as my caps are coke can size...and will be fitted with copper bus bars....
High quality pcb. I really appreciate the many options for connection.
We Also Recommend