Universal Power Supply
The all new Universal PSU V3.0. Bigger and badder than ever, complete with a well illustrated build guide.
- Fully compatible and optimized for the new Deluxe 4U and Deluxe 5U chassis to allow easy installation on the base, chassis front panel, or on riser panels
- Can accomodate 35mm, 30mm and 25mm caps
- Double sided 70um copper tracks
- Added PI resistors for a total of 7 per side of the PSU
- Each side is completely independent of the other providing separate grounding take off points
- Grounding scheme at user's discretion (i.e. can be utilized for star grounding)
- Ground vias available for joining on-board/local ground
- On-board heatsinking for the diodes
- Larger tracks whenever possible
- Most inputs and outputs have larger vias to accommodate large wires
- Input and output vias arranged to also accommodate Snap-On terminals
- Output has larger vias for direct wire soldering to the board
- Output has vias arranged to either accept Euroblock connectors or Snap-On terminals
- Diode Section and Capacitor Section can be joined either by large diameter jumper wires or Fast-On connectors or direct soldering
- Capacitor section can be stacked one on top of the other. Connections for quick parallel stacking are provided via Snap-On connectors or direct soldering.
- Diode section can be snapped off from the Capacitor section (0.2mm V-Cut both sides)
- Capacitor section can be snapped off lengthwise regardless if the Diode section is still attached or snapped off for more build flexibility (0.2mm V-Cut both sides)
- Snapping is possible thanks to 0.2mm v-cuts on each side of the 1.6mm board. It takes a lot of force to snap the board - enough so you won't ever snap it accidentally but not so much that you will have a hard time snapping it.
- 80x80 mounting scheme on the Capacitor section for front panel chassis mounting
- Extensively supports DA's mounting systems and bases
- Options for Input snubbers (RC or RC + C) and options for output RC snubbers or bypass
|Dimensions||171mm x 156mm|
|Mounting holes||Holes are on a 10mm x 10mm grid|
|Number of boards included||1|
I used two of them to build two Honey Badger power amps in mono configuration. It works really well and the the documentation is clear and detailled. I have no complaints whatsoever.
Built 2 of these boards for a pair of Honey Badger amps. Excellent boards, quick and easy to build. Work great.
As usual the PCBs are beautiful. Wanting to make a FirstWatt amp, I found this kit too "universal". I had to figure out what was necessary and split the diodes part of the PCB. It took me a long while to manage that, slowly and cautiously with a cutter but the result is up to expectation.
Arrived within a week to the UK. I’ve used the boards many times, excellent product. I used the diode boards, instead of separate bridge rectifiers this time. It maybe my imagination but the sound output appeared smoother.
I used the board in an Aleph J build. It's wonderfully quiet. The board has many build options and takes a little reading to decide how you want to use it. The diyaudio discussion thread was very helpful. Highly recommend.
Very good board. I bought twice
Heavy duty construction with various use configurations. I haven’t used them just yet , but will on the DH 220C project. Thanks again DYI.
This power supply is easy to build and it works very well.
My builds have been silent when connected to Pass amplifiers.
Very easy to adapt to whatever is required in your build and plenty of support from the DIY forums.
We Also Recommend